Deerdale RC Offroad
The club runs race meetings and practice sessions on our astro turf track, for 1/8th nitro/electric Buggy and Truggy, all abilities of driver are welcome.
The club is run by 4 guys, who are dedicated on making the track one of the best Astro tracks in the UK.
We meet every month for club meetings, normally on the second Sunday of each month, Please see events section for our meeting dates. The track is open all the time for its members to practice..
Entry fee for our race meetings is £12 for non members and £8 for members. Membership is £35 a year. You can now join Deerdale off road via the website and pay online giving you instant access to the track and the club members section, Click Here to go to this page
8th Nitro Buggy
8th Electric Buggy
8th Nitro Truggy
8th Electric Truggy
Deerdale Membership for 2020 is now being taken, fill in the online application
Don't forget drivers and pit crew need a BRCA licence to race and do marshalling duties.
Pactice Sessions During Covid 19 Lock Down
Due to government restrictions being relaxed we are now able to offer limited practice sessions for club members only. Please visit the events section of the website for more information on booking in and the terms and conditions associated with your booking.
Deerdale Off Road Litter 1.8.2020
The farmer who we lease the land the track is on has commented on the amount of litter left at the track and surrounding area and was disgusted to see a used face mask.
So on Thursday this week I went down to the track to cut the grass and pick up all the litter. Then 24 hours later we were at the track again to fit some new Astro to find the pit lane scattered with rubbish again.
Drivers, pit crew and visitors seem to think it is ok to leave there litter behind for us to clean up.
We have no facilities to dispose litter so we have to collect it up and take it home to put in our personal bins.
It is a condition on the lease from the farmer that the track and surrounding area should be kept in a clean and tidy condition. Our track is located within working fields which the farmer frequents regularly and has made a comment.
Our booking in system records who is at the track on any day for covid traceability so culprits can be traced and warned.
So could you take your empty coffee cups, McDonald’s wrappers empty drinks cans ,fuel bottles etc home with you.
Please note the yellow buckets of sand under the pit lane benching are there to extinguish any unfortunate Lipo fire and not for throwing you butt ends and empty cans in.
Any one caught littering will be warned and on further incidents there membership cancelled. Let’s keep our track and surrounding area clean and tidy, OR WE COULD LOOSE IT.
Deerdale 2020 Summer Series 9th August Round 2
Summer Series Dates
Rnd 1 12th July
Rnd 2 9th Aug
Rnd 3 13th Sept
Rnd 4 11th Oct
Best 3 out of 4 to count.
All Covid rules and guide lines will apply untill advised by the government.
There will be no booking in on the day so go to the events section to secure your place.
Deerdale's Summer Evening Get Together This Tuesday 21st July DON'T Miss It !!
This meeting has been put on for a bit of fun seeing as we have missed so much racing during the lock down so come along and have a blast.
Getting Back To Racing - Deerdale Off Road Summer Series
Everyone Please Read !!
- All entries have to be booked in online
- Race fees to be paid by PayPal.
- No entries or payment will be accepted on the day at race control.
- Booking in online finishes at 8.30 Sunday morning.
- Drivers to text Chris on arrival to book in on 07812 721 206
- Race control is off limits to every one except for Deerdale officials.
- Any problems see a race official.
- Drivers briefing will be done over the microphone from race control.
- This event is only open to drivers and immeadiate pit crew sorry but its not open to spectators.
- We cannot post paper results so they will be posted live on the Deerdale web site and Chris will photograph them and put them on our face book page.
Race Format for the day.
- There will be a maximum of 8 buggys per heat and may be mixed depending on attendance.
- We will try to have a practice round this will depend on the numbers booked in.
- Nitro buggy heats will run 7 mins with 2 min warm up.
- E buggy heats will run 8 mins with 2 min warm up.
- Both classes will be the best 2 rounds from 4 to count.
- Only one pit crew per driver allowed in the pit lane.
- Queries on results can only be made by text or e mail if absolutely necessary.
- There will be no bump ups.
PPE and Safety
- The one way system of entering and leavening the rostrum and pit lane will be vigorously maintained.
- Drivers to provide there own Hi-Vis vest and sturdy gloves (not latex disposable) for when Marshalling, and sanatiser for their personal use.
- Drivers and pit crew need to provide there own face masks for when in pit lane and on the rostrum.
- Pit crew to stand by the side of the markers in pit lane which will be approx 1 meter apart.
- Drivers on the rostrum will stand by the side of the markers provided which are 1 meter apart.
Pitting and Car park
- When parking please space your vehicles out as much as you can.
- Leave the center area of the car park free in case the farmer or emergency services need access.
- If you pitting in tents are a team gazebo please ensure you maintain the recommended social distance.
- Drivers and pit crew to maintain social distancing at all times around the car park and pitting area, a minimum of 1.5 meters unless wearing a face mask.
- If you become ill or exhibit any of the covid 19 symptoms at the track please inform a track official and then go home.